Tuesday, May 11, 2010

OK so to answer the what was involved in the home study question from liz :) it was pretty much nothing at all I took off a week from work to finish our kitchen and baseboards and new doors and painting and it looks really great but it was so not necessary. She came two days in a row and she talked to Shane and I together and then separate while we were together she asked us why we wanted to adopt, how we picked Ethiopia, how we deal with stress, how we discipline the kids,and a bunch of stuff like that. when we were separate she asked us about our childhoods and families. Then she talked to the girls alone(I was secretly terrified they would say something like really embarrassing or crazy) they didn't! :)and then she asked us if our house was clean and safe she didn't even really look at anything. THAT WAS IT!!! a week off work and endless cleaning and that was it lol!!!


now on to new updates!!!

We have completed the dossier!!! and I600  so drummmmm rolllll!!!! as of this Friday 05/14/2010 we are officially going to be on the waiting list for our baby boy!!! so hopefully we will taking our first trip over to see him anywhere from October to December. this is all of course a maybe this is what the current time lines are but we could very well be a little earlier or a lot later. but we are going to have a number very soon. I promise I will be blogging much more often so I can keep you up to date on what number we are as the weeks and months go on. I will also post on this Friday as soon as I get an official number keep your fingers crossed it will be a good low number :)

2 comments:

  1. we are looking forward to your arrival and adding another grand baby to are family we are so excited to finally be able to meet Brayden and can't hardly wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is all so super exciting. I am so anxious for Friday its crazy. I will be hoping for a low number, but I know whatever number you get it will be the perfect one because that is Braydens number. I can not wait to meet this little guy.

    ReplyDelete